2013 Hummer H3 | Review, Price, Interior, Exterior, Engine.
2013 Hummer H3 Release Date. Welcome to NeocarSUV, we will provide the latest information about the 2013 Hummer H3. 2013 Hummer H3 is one brand new car from Hummer that was released in 2012. We will also review about the price, interior, exterior and engine of the 2013 Hummer H3.
It’s really, finally over. Yesterday, the very last HUMMER H3 rolled off the production line in Shreveport, Louisiana, part of a special order for rental car company Avis. After a lengthy and ultimately failed effort to sell the quintessential maker of sport utility vehicles to a Chinese company, General Motors is winding down the brand. In July, 200 of the 900 employees at Shreveport are expected to lose their jobs.
Hummer was a brand of off road vehicles produced on platforms owned by General Motors. Originally owned by AM General, the brand began selling the Hummer, a civilian version of the military-spec HUMVEE, in 1992. GM bought the Hummer name in 1998 and renamed the model the H1 before adding two more smaller models called the H2 and H3. Hummer models became a symbol of environmental irresponsibility because of their poor fuel economy, and the brand was one of the first to be offered for sale by GM before the automaker entered Chapter 11 bankruptcy in June 2009. No buyer was found and GM began winding down the brand in early 2010.
2013 Hummer H3 Price :
2013 Hummer H3 Price. – Last month, General Motors put its remaining HUMMER models on sale, offering up to $6,000 off on certain models. Its “Last Chance To Buy a HUMMER” campaign included zero percent financing for 72 months, or $4,000 to $6,000 off various H2 and H3 models.
But earlier this month, the HUMMER’s last days were punctuated by a recall by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The clips that hold the H3’s hood louver in place can break over time, meaning the hood louver can “detach.
2013 Hummer H3 Interior :
2013 Hummer H3 Interior. - Functional additions to the H3 Moab continue into the vehicle’s interior with the addition of custom all weather flooring, HUMMER Genuine Accessory all weather floor mats and cargo area mat. To aid in trail visibility, front and rear facing cameras have been integrated into the vehicle bumpers and display the terrain fore and aft on the navigation radio screen. Integrated into the rear cargo area of the vehicle is a Warn Air Power SPI, ideal for airing up tires for the trip home after a long weekend on the trail.
2013 Hummer H3 Exterior :
2013 Hummer H3 Exterior. - The H3’s standard underbody protection has been augmented with additional custom shielding and a HUMMER Genuine Accessory brushguard and rocker protection provide the Canyon Metallic exterior paint with defense against the elements. Mounted atop the H3 is a Gobi Ranger roof basket to increase cargo carrying capacity for long overland journeys. The H3 Moabalso features HUMMER Genuine Accessory lower grille mounted lamps and six Delta Xenon roof basket-mounted off-road lamps to provide lighting in all conditions.
Rounding out the exterior enhancements are a Predator Motorsports H3 winch mount system with a Warn XD9000 winch and Viking Off Road synthetic winchline to deliver an integrated recovery solution for any situation encountered on the trail.
• Driver and passenger 3rd row windows.
• Black front and rear bumpers.
• Day time running lights.
• Driver and passenger power black door mirrors.
• External dimensions: overall length (inches): 187.5, overall width (inches): 85.0, overall height (inches): 73.2, ground clearance (inches): 9.7, wheelbase (inches): 111.9, front track (inches): 65.0, rear track (inches): 65.5 and curb to curb turning circle (feet): 37.0.
• Front fog lights.
• Complex surface lens halogen bulb headlights.
• Luxury trim alloy look on dashboard.
• Metallic paint.
• Driver side and passenger side rear side windows.
• Fixed rear window with defogger and intermittent.
• Removable roof rails.
• Underbody protection for fuel tank, for transfer case and for engine.
• Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (lbs) 6,001, curb weight (lbs) 4,695, gross trailer weight braked (lbs) 4,500 and max payload (lbs) 1,312.
• Windshield wipers with variable intermittent wipe.
2013 Hummer H3 Engine :
2013 Hummer H3 Engine. - The Hummer H3 was a smaller version of the Hummer H2 and starts at around $50,000 with the same engine options as the larger Hummer H2 plus a smaller 3.5 liter engine producing 220 horsepower and 225 foot pound of torque with improved fuel consumption of 15mpg in the city and 19mpg on the highway. Interestingly but unfortunately never made commercially available, Raser Technologies built a prototype Hybrid Hummer using the H3 chassis which could actually manage 100mpg but required an enormous amount of electrical power too much to make it commercially viable.
• 4.560:1 axle ratio
• Four disc brakes including two ventilated discs
• Electronic brake distribution
• Electronic traction control via ABS & engine management
• Fullsize alloy rim spare wheel
• Stability control
• Wishbone front suspension independent with stabilizer bar and torsion springs, beam rear suspension rigid with stabilizer bar and leaf springs
• 12v power outlet: cargo and front
• Air conditioning
• Anti-theft protection
• Audio system with satellite and CD player
• Cargo area dimensions: length (inches): 60.1, width between arches (inches): 42.1 and height (inches): 36.4
• Cargo capacity: rear seat down (cu ft): 62.9 and all seats in place (cu ft): 25.0
• Cellular phone
• Delayed/fade courtesy lights
• Cruise control
• Front seats and rear seats cup holders
• External temperature
• Floor covering: carpet in passenger compartment and carpet in load area
Source: automobilemag.com, Neocarsuv,blogspot.com.